Celebrities With Alabaster Skin: Back in Vogue?
Lately, alabaster skin has been back in the spotlight thanks to celebrities like Anne Hathaway, Cate Blanchett, Christina Hendricks and Nicole Kidman. This porcelain-like skin tone is often envied for its youthful and angelic appearance. No wonder actresses that possess it are often cast in ethereal roles!
While alabaster skin is undoubtedly beautiful, it does require special care. If your skin is so pale, it means you have very little melanin – the pigment that gives skin its color and protects it from the elements. Those celebrities that rock alabaster skin usually have a team of makeup artists and skincare experts to help them look their best.
But don’t worry – you don’t need a team of professionals to help you achieve flawless alabaster skin! Keep reading, and we’ll tell you how to keep your skin looking healthy and beautiful.
The Dos and Don’ts in Skincare for Alabaster Skin Tones
Caring for alabaster skin is all about protecting it from the sun and keeping it hydrated. Here are some dos and don’ts to help you get started:
- Do use a broad-spectrum sunscreen with an SPF of at least 30. Pale skin is prone to sunburn, so it’s important to use a sunscreen that will protect you from both UVA and UVB rays.
- Don’t forget to reapply sunscreen every two hours, or more often if you’re sweating or swimming.
- Do use a moisturizer to keep your skin hydrated. Look for one that contains hyaluronic acid or glycerin, which will help your skin retain moisture.
- Don’t forget to exfoliate! Pale skin can look dull if dead skin cells build up on the surface. Gently exfoliating your skin a few times a week will help to keep it looking radiant.
Remember that makeup should go hand in hand with a strong skin care regimen. Wearing foundation and concealer can help to even out your skin tone and give you a flawless appearance. But it’s important to use products that are specifically designed for light skin.
Foundations, Concealers and Powders for Alabaster Skin
When it comes to foundation, alabaster skin usually looks best with a light-coverage formula. A BB cream or CC cream is a great option, as it will even out your skin tone without feeling heavy or looking cakey. If you prefer a more natural look, you can also try a tinted moisturizer.
For concealer, look for a light-colored formula that won’t settle into fine lines or creases. A brightening concealer can also be a good option, as it will help to disguise dark circles under your eyes.
When it comes to powder, you’ll want to choose a translucent formula that won’t make your skin look chalky. A setting powder is also a good option, as it will help to keep your makeup in place all day long.
Is It Possible to Tan Alabaster Skin?
While alabaster skin is beautiful, many people with pale or ivory skin tones feel self-conscious about their appearance. They may feel like they need to get a tan in order to look their best.
But is it possible to tan alabaster skin? The answer is yes – but only with self-tanners or sunless tanning products. These products work by temporarily darkening the skin, and they can be a great way to give your skin a bit of color.
However, it’s important to use self-tanners and sunless tanning products with caution. If you use too much, or if you don’t apply them evenly, you may end up with streaks or an unnatural-looking tan.
- Your Guide to Ivory Skin Tone: Skincare and Makeup Tips
- What Is Mocha Skin Tone? Color Recommendations, Skincare Tips, and More
- Best Makeup Advice for Olive Skin Tone: A Complete Guide for Beginners
- Bronze Skin: Definition, Care and What Colors Look Amazing on It
- Caramel Skin Tone: Best Hair Colors, Makeup, and Skincare Tricks