1. Link the person who nominated you
2. Answer the questions given by the nominator
3. Nominate 5-11 other bloggers who have less than 200 followers
4. Create 11 questions for the nominees
5. Notify all nominees via social media/blogs
1. Why did you start blogging?
I got really interested in beauty and was reading beauty blogs anyway. A lot of my friends aren’t into beauty, and I had no outlet to share what I thought and was currently obsessing over.
2. What’s your favourite thing about blogging?
Getting comments and seeing what everyone else is excited about! Connecting with people is the best part.
3. What are your favourite beauty products?
I just did a post on my 2014 favorites, but my staple products are the stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner, NARS Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base, and my Mary Kay Oil-Free Eye Makeup Remover.
4. What are your favourite beauty brands?
Current favorite is NARS! Love their lip pencils, blushes and bronzers. Also really love Marc Jacobs, their eyeliners and eye palettes are so dreamy. And lastly, Hourglass! Their blushes, liquid lipstick, and gel eyeliner are great. (And I’m so excited for the eyeshadow palettes they’re releasing soon!)
5. Fashion or beauty?
I really like fashion, but there’s just something great about having a done-up face. Even if it’s a really casual look, I still like to quickly swipe on some lipstick.
6. What would be your dream job?
A fiction writer! Not possible in real life because of finances, but it would be great to just write about life, the people I meet, and travel the world.
7. Do you have a particular life goal you want to achieve?
To be honest, there isn’t a goal that I’m always thinking about, but I do imagine myself one day being completely fluent in Chinese, German, and maybe Spanish. I’m fairly fluent in Chinese (since my parents are Taiwanese), conversational in German, and have taken some Spanish classes. (In case any of you use Duolingo, add me!)
8. Where do you live and where would you like to live in the future?
I currently live in Ann Arbor, MI, since I go to school at the University of Michigan. In the short term, I’ll be moving to Detroit for work. I’m pretty flexible for where I live, as long as it’s not too small of a city. In the long term, I’ll stay in the States, but I do want to spend a few years living abroad, which will most probably be in China!
9. What’s top of your bucket list of things to do or see?
Go to Antarctica! It just seems like a place that’s so different from what normal life is like, that I can’t even imagine what a trip there would be like.
10. Night in or night out?
Night in! I look forward to getting dressed up and doing my makeup, but it’s just so comfortable staying at home and just working on my own stuff. (Maybe my answer would be different if I didn’t have a boyfriend…)
11. Who is your beauty/fashion idol?
Emma Watson! I admire her so much as a person, that she continued her education, does tasteful movies, and does work for He for She. Her looks are always classy and tasteful, yet creative and modern.
- Why do you blog?
- What is the best part about blogging for you?
- If you could only use five beauty products, what would they be?
- If you only have time to use one product during your morning routine, what would it be?
- What was the first makeup product you used?
- What are some of your favorite things to do to relax and recharge?
- What is your dream job?
- What are some things on your bucket list?
- What is one thing you’re insecure about?
- Night in or night out?
- Who is your beauty/fashion idol?